This guide will show you how to create a multistream target, and verify that it's live.
Create A New Event
- Click the streaming events button on the left hand menu in the StreamShark portal.
- Select Streaming Events from the side menu.
- Click the Add New button in the Manage Events page.
Add Your Event Details
- Under General Settings select your event type. Standard events allow public and protected live streaming, and multistreaming to other platforms. Multistreaming allows only streaming to other platforms e.g. YouTube, Facebook etc.
- Fill in your event title and description. These will be used for the default metadata (title and description) of each of your multistreams.
- Under ingest settings, you can change the video source between manual and a managed encoder (Number 1 in the screenshot below). Changing to managed will utilize StreamShark’s encoder management platform (if enabled for your account).
- Enabling 'Live Chat' (Number 2 in the screenshot below), will allow you to pull in that chat feeds from the social platforms you stream to.
Broadcast Your Stream
- Click on the event name of the event you created.
- Primary Server URL and Stream Name is the RTMP URL you will be broadcasting to from your encoder.
Verify Your Stream Is Being Broadcast
- Click the workflow tab in your live event to open the workflow switcher. If you're not currently broadcasting a live stream to the event, you will see the 'No Signal' notification.
- A valid stream will display a green dot next to the active source. Additionally you can verify the incoming stream information in the panel at the bottom of the page.
Add Your Multistream Destinations
- Once you have verified that StreamShark is successfully receiving your video signal, click the 'Multistreaming' tab in the top bar.
- Click 'add new' and select a destination you wish to stream to. Please note, you can stream to multiple destinations and social platforms at the same time.
- Follow the prompts to grant access to the social platform of your choice.
- Select the check box next to the platform you wish to setup (Number 1 in the screenshot below), then click the 'Setup Multistream' button (Number 2 in the screenshot below). Please note, you can setup multiple streams at the same time, but only if they're on the same social platform e.g. Facebook.
- Fill out the details on the 'Setup Multistream' step.
- Once your streams are all correctly setup, it's now time to go live!
- Verify that each of your multistream destinations is ready to go live (Number 1 in the screenshot below).
- Preview that the video signal is being rendered correctly on each of the platforms (Number 2 in the screenshot below).
- Select the streams you wish to go live on (Number 3 in the screenshot below).
- Click the 'Go Live' button! (Number 4 in the screenshot below).
- Now that you're live you can watch the streams on each of the platforms. We provide a direct link to these under the 'Platform Link' column (Number 5 in the screenshot below).
Ending The Multistream(s)
- To end the stream(s), follow the same process as above, except this time click the 'End Stream' button. We recommend you also delete the stream targets after the event ends.