NOTE: This feature is only available for selected customers at this time. If you cannot see this feature in your StreamShark account and you are interested in gaining access to this feature, click the "Support" button to contact us.
What is Slack Chat Sync?
Chat sync is a two-way link between a channel in your Slack workspace and the live chat panel of StreamShark's event player. Messages typed in the live chat panel will appear as messages in your designated Slack channel, and messages that are typed in the channel will appear in the chat panel.
Grant StreamShark Access To Workspace
1. The first step in setting up Chat Sync is to add the Slack channel/s where you want your team to interact with chat. Navigate to Customisation > Slack Integration and click Connect to Slack.
2. A new tab will open containing the list of permissions requested and a search list Search for Channel… Select a channel from the search list and click Allow.
NOTE: only public channels can be used for Chat Sync, NOT private channels or DMs.
3. Return to the Slack Integration page. After a few seconds the page will update will your newly authorized channel listed. If you wish to add more channels click Add Channel and repeat the process.
Add StreamShark app to channel
Next, the StreamShark app needs to be to be added to the channel you wish to use for Chat Sync. This is done from the Slack workspace itself.
1. Select the channel in the Slack workspace and click on the channel name at the top of the feed.
2. From the popup, select the Integrations tab.
3. In top right of the Apps section, click Add apps.
4. Scroll or search the app list to find StreamShark, and click Add.
(Note that this step is necessary for setting up Chat Sync but not for other Slack notifications supported by StreamShark)
Enable chat sync in Event settings
The final step to get ready is to add chat to the event
- Select Streaming Events from the navigation bar.
- Either Add a new event
Click on the ⚙ icon next to an existing event’s name.
- In Advanced Settings, toggle Live Chat ON and choose your channel in Link to Slack Channel dropdown.
4. Scroll down and SAVE your event.
Using Chat Sync
Details on how to use chat and moderation can be found here.
If this is your first time using chat sync it is recommended to practise setting up an event as above to check that it works. If the above steps have been followed, chat sync should be active.