Before following this guide, you will need to make sure you have already created a live stream within the StreamShark portal. Our handy guide located here will show you all the steps to create a new live stream event.
For the integration, instead of using your StreamShark Account login credentials, please use your StreamShark Encoder Username and Encoder Password to authenticate.
To find your Encoder username and password, log into StreamShark and navigate to Account, and then Account Details, and copy your existing Encoder Username and Encoder Password. If you do not have an Encoder Password (e.g. this is your first time using this feature) then click the Refresh icon to generate one.
Once you authenticate, your list of StreamShark Events and Live Streams will be visible for the Channel field. Select your Event or Live Stream and start broadcasting!
Using vMix Without The StreamShark Integration
If for some reason you don't want to use our vMix integration you can follow the guide below.
First create a live streaming event in the StreamShark portal.
In The VMix Encoder
- Open up VMix.
- Select the cog next to 'Stream' at the bottom of the screen.
- For the destination field select 'Custom RTMP Server'.
- In URL enter the 'Server URL', found in the StreamShark portal (See point 1 in the screenshot below).
- For 'Stream Name or Key' enter the 'Stream Name' found in the StreamShark portal (See point 2 in the screenshot below).
- Make sure your input size is at least the same resolution as the transcode profile selected in StreamShark (See below).
- Make sure the bitrate matches the transcode profile selected in StreamShark (See below).
- You're done! Click Start to start broadcasting your video source.
|Video Bitrate||Audio Bitrate||Resolution|
If you have any questions or issues following this guide, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to get you up and running.