This article is deprecated, and is now only used by our legacy live streaming platform.
StreamShark's Live Streaming product is compatible with Boinx Software's mimoLive. We're lucky to have a native integration with mimoLive which makes streaming with the software super simple.
Before following this guide, you will need to make sure you have already created a live stream within the StreamShark portal. Our handy guide located here will show you all the steps to create a new live stream.
Please note mimoLive does not support multi-bitrate (multi-quality) live streaming. It can only support publishing a single quality at a time.
Step 1 - Setting Up mimoLive
We first need to sign into StreamShark using the mimoLive integration.
- Open the 'Preferences' menu.
- Select the 'Accounts' tab.
- Select 'StreamShark' to the left and sign into your account.
Step 2 - Setting Video & Audio Bitrate
The next step in setting up mimoLive is to make sure the video & audio bitrate matches.
- Expand the 'Broadcast' button.
- Select the 'StreamShark' from the streaming services drop down.
- Select the relevant stream from the next drop down.
- Click 'Stream Settings' to expand out the stream settings.
- In the 'Data Rate' field below the video size settings, enter the bitrate you set within the StreamShark portal (as seen in the screenshot below, marked as 1).
- In the 'Audio Codec' field, select AAC.
- In the 'Data Rate' field under audio codec, enter the bitrate you set within the StreamShark portal (as seen in the screenshot below, marked as 2).
It's important to note that the video resolution is set when creating your new stream, so make sure this matches at the beginning.
That's it, you're all set to start broadcasting!